Team Leader/Researcher: Bharat Shrestha, PhD
Supports: Mohan Sharma, Laxman Shrestha, Sudarshan KC, Kamal Devkota
PAF has now has completed five years and has covered a large number of sub projects in its pilot and other additional districts. It has adopted the new and practical based modalities for program implementation which involves a number of processes, types and areas. Despite of regular monitoring in different forms, an assessment on a totality has yet to be made so as to identify the gap between policies and practices, assess the effect based on the process followed and determine the indication towards target achievement as a feedback for future courses of action. Further, the workshop requires to examine the strengths gained so far by the program since its inception and factors hindering and area of improvement. It will work as a management tool for revision and adjustment. Basic thrust that remained to explore from the workshop was to:
- Identify and assess the success and failures activities with its causes and effects that experienced by the participating POs.
- Involve the POs in understanding and assessing the different eleven thematic areas with what and how they perceive and realize the problems and constraints they faced at their operational and the policy level.
- Intersect participating POs in assessing each of thematic area with their recommendations for use of future courses of action.
The College of Development Studies (CDS) is organizing and facilitating the workshop.
Primary objective of the workshop was to assess the PAF activities in consultation with its partner organizations based on the experiences gained during program implementation, identification of the problems and recommendations. Specifically, the workshop intended to:
- Share and document the experiences on PAF program implementation of the partner organizations in its philosophy and working modalities
- Identify the bottlenecks encountered in work process of the community programs in relation to modalities, stakeholders’ coordination, the COs capacity etc
- Determine the way forward for future courses of action with overall potentials and constraints
The organization of review workshop, among others, is to (i) document issues and problems of POs faced during program design, implementation phases and their experiences to understand the in-depth dynamics of programs design and implementation (ii) identify ways and means to augment and strengthen the process of mobilization resources on the basis of promoting poverty alleviation program from accessing resources and (iii) examine existing policy, laws and institutional frameworks of PAF and prepare a synthesis report for policy revision and if necessary to change accordingly.